Mar 9, 2011

Natalie Portman Wins Best Actress Oscar 2011 for Black Swan

A gorgeous Natalie Portman made her way carefully to the stage to accept her first Academy Award for her starring role in Black Swan, directed by Darren Aronofsky. Getting a hug from Jeff Bridges, Portman was greeted with what could have been the loudest round of applause of the night from the celebrity audience.

"Thank you so much to the Academy. This is insane, and I truly wish the prize tonight was to get to work with my fellow nominees. I'm so in awe of you. I am so grateful to get to do the job that I get to do. I love it so much," said Portman, shedding a few tears.
I want to thank my parents, who are right there, first and foremost for giving me my life and for giving me the opportunity to work from such an early age. And showing me every day how to be a good human being by example."

Keeping her emotions barely in check, Portman thanked her team, the directors who have remained her supporters throughout the years, and Darren Aronofsky. "You are a fearless leader," said Portman of her Black Swan director, "I am blessed to have just gotten to get to work with you every day for the period of time that we did."


Related Posts




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Google