Aug 10, 2007

Lily Allen: Banned From America?

So, today Lily Allen learned the lesson Snoop Dogg learned earlier this year: during wartime, acting a fool can and will get you banished from nations. Ms. Allen's alleged kung fu moves in a paparazzo's general direction got her ass arrested and continue to haunt her: upon touchdown at LAX, she was detained
for five hours and had her work visa revoked. Nice. Lil tells The Mirror that she plans to move forward with her American tour set for this fall:

"It is my intention to play my American dates in September.

"This depends on the authorities granting me a new work visa.

"I want my fans to know that I will do everything I can to be back in America in September. I don't like letting my fans down and this is a situation that I am sure we can sort."

Wonkette has the best headline so far for Lilygate: "Heroic immigration officials save America from chav menace."

Allen had reportedly said some nasty things on her Myspace blog about Courtney Love. Turns out, someone had hacked into her profile and posted the nasty bits. Love wasn't bothered: "I wouldn't pick on me if I was Miss Lily, as it wouldn't take TOO much to swat, but we've known each other far too long, like each other far too much, and if she was gonna say something nasty she has the acerbic wit and intelligence to say something cutting, that would actually really hurt, not some clichéd hoary old chestnut some obsessed blogger would say."

::source: http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/23/anglophenia.jsp?bc_id=472

Related Posts




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Google