Mar 2, 2007

American Idol Grapevine

The Top 10 boys not only made a huge impression on the judges, but also on the MyIdol message boards. Read below for some snippets written by people about last night’s show. Think you could describe the night better? Start your own thread or write your own recap on the MyIdol message boards. If we like your fan recap, we might even use it as our official Americanidol.com show recap. Or we might just use a portion of it to spread the word on the “Idol Grapevine.” Either way, we want to know your thoughts on the number one show in America!

Phil Stacey sang one of my all time favorite songs in the world. And he already starts out a thousand times better on his first line than last week! Gotta say folks...I really dig the timbre of his voice. It's unique and familiar all at the same time...that's a really interesting quality. –ProVocalist

Nick Pedro– he seems to have a Fever tonight – and it is a bit sharp……I do like the Rod Stewart quality to his voice –and really like the delivery on the word Fever! He was a little rushed and that was too bad – but I think he was settling in better as he went along. –FairyTaleAusie

Next up, Brandon Rogers dedicates his song, "Time after Time", to his grandmother who isn't around to see him "bloom". That is one of the great sadnesses of life. The people who matter most aren't always there to see our highs. I love his husky, Jamaican twang. He is very handsome and I think does a very nice job vocally. –Deanie79

Sanjaya Malakar is dedicating tonight’s performance to his grandfather, who passed away when Sanjaya was five. Taking the stage, Sanjaya makes it easy to solve the mystery of who inherited grandpa’s old clothes and even older record collection. With his flowing locks obscured by a fedora, The Mighty Samsanjaya lacks power on Tony Bennett’s “Steppin’ Out.” -onemanswarm

Blake Lewis sings Jamiroquai! No way! I love him. The song’s called “Virtual Insanity.” This guy is so great..amazing voice, amazing rhythm, so creative… love, love, love. I can even forgive the hat. He does a little beat box breakdown in the middle, and I thought I’d hate if he did that, but he balances it perfectly. If ever a man was born to be on stage… -claena

Chris Sligh is playing the AI game like a poker whiz. He chooses the right song, portrays a lovely personality that warms to people's hearts, and he DOES HAVE a very good voice. Hearing him sing 'Trouble' was just soothing. He didnt oversing or overdramatize. He simply brought it. –idolize_me_again

AJ Tabaldo - Technically, I think he is probably one of the two best male singers. He is on key all the time and has a beautiful tone to his voice. He is passionate about his music, and you can see that when he performs. I like this guy a lot, but I think that even with his vocal prowess, he will struggle in this competition. He looks like your next door neighbor; just an average guy...and I think that will inevitably hurt him. –BellaVoce188

Sundance showed real emotion talking about his son and, personally, I thought his son would have been proud of his dad tonight. He seemed to go back to his Southern bluesy roots with this song….lots of personality, lots of range and overall a very good job. –crislovesmusic

Next comes Jared, who's unapologetically going for the female vote with his unbuttoned suit and choice of the Love Master himself, Marvin Gaye's love anthem "Let's Get It On.” For the most part, I think it worked. He made a big step up in both the voice and the charisma department. –The_Right_Stuff

Chris R - Geek in the Pink dedicated to his outspoken grandma – I would remember this just for the weird title. I’m not familiar with this song but that’s probably because I’m old, like Grandma. But I know a good performance when I see one, and this was it. -kkppwm

Related Posts




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Google